Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just a Day Away

Hmm...it seems odd to be writing this post about what I am hoping for the next year. I feel a strange sense of deja vu. I remember writing a post like this almost three years ago when I first started to blog. I have to say, I really got what I listed there, although not in the form I was expecting. Which adds to my nerves as I write this, to be honest. But I know that He just stripped me of my false idols to help me see the important things and to help me on my journey of contentment. Three years down the road and I am still learning this lesson but I think I am doing better today that this same day last year.

So, what is it I pray for this coming year of 33? Good question. Let me list in as clear a manner as I possibly can.

Tangible Stuff:

1. To settle into our new place and have that be a home of happiness and growth. The last 14 months have been very trying and I an hoping that I can put these behind me and create a smoother path for myself and my kids.

2. To have the kids's tuition and all school-related requirments throughout the year be covered so I don't have to think about this until next school year.

3. For my kids to adjust to their new levels in school, their new home, well.

4. To find and start a job that will be rewarding both for career and for myself, personally.

5. To have viable savings at the end of the year.

Intangibles:

1. With all listed above, I also want to learn to be content. I do not crave for very expensive things or fantabulous trips- although if blessed, these would be great. I want to always be able to look at what I have and feel blessed and to be able to thank the Lord for even those things that I don't have.

2. I want to be able to read the Bible and understand it completely.

3. I want to further my relationship with the Lord so that I can teach my kids how to have an intimate one with Him as well.

Looking at these points it seems the intangibles are actually harder to achieve than the tangibles. Nevertheless, I remain hopeful for both.

Advanced Happy Birthday to me!

xoxo, Vicki

__________________________________
Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment