Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 69. Closing Time.

Ok, it's been 69 days since Day 1 of my heartbreak.  I thank God for giving me more strength than I thought I had to be able to move forward, despite the pain and difficulty, despite the tears and broken dreams.  Maybe this is really making me stronger after all. I do not want to test that hypothesis any further though.

So I've decided that today is the last day of this countdown.  I've decided that my posts moving forward, and I will post more, will be on other aspects of my life, on topics that generate more happiness from me, on moments of sadness still but also hopefully mixed with ways of getting over it.  I read my old blog, the second one I tried to maintain.  I started this in 2010 and kept it for a year.  I looked over some old posts and again marveled at how different and the same I am compared to who I was back then.  Amazing.  These blogs are what my childhood diaries were.  I love it.  And another thing I love was that I blogged about so much more than what I have been blogging about here and so I resolve to do that again.  It seems to me like getting back some of who I was and incorporating the new parts of me now. 

Ever a work in progress, indeed.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment